Vinko,

The same problem goes for desktop and mobile applications.

Anyone with basic computer skills can open Xcode (Apple's developer tools)
or Visual Studio (Microsoft) or Eclipse (Java) and drag and drop forms and
make buttons and paste lovely graphics to make something look like what
could ostensibly be a great UI.

However the "view" layer — the forms and visual stuff — is just a part of a
much bigger whole. That whole includes all your application logic,
interaction with services such as databases and other APIs (e.g. twitter).

There are tools that create rudimentary back-ends that do "canned" stuff,
and you might even be able to find them in applications like Dreamweaver
and the like.

There are also tons of really good WYSIWYG-style HTML editors. Have a look
at Flux - http://www.theescapers.com/flux/, or Hype
- http://tumultco.com/hype/. These produce great-looking, semantic HTML.
However to make them do anything beyond looking pretty, you need some
development work done.

If you want to compare this to building and modelling software, remember
that building and modelling are just that. Models. You still need to build
the building. Same goes for programming!

Hope that helps,

Steve