Every day, Silicon Beach type questions pop into my mind that I don't end
up asking.

For example, think of a set of questions like: "What would you pay a junior
Rails developer in Sydney? What would you expect them to do? How long would
it take to find them?"

You might ask those questions in this Google Groups list, but I probably
wouldn't for fear of being too spammy or off-topic. And even if I did ask
these questions, I'd probably hold back on asking any more questions for a
few weeks for the same reasons.

Likewise, you might ask those questions on Twitter, but that's hit and
miss. Sometimes you got 10 answers; usually you get none. (And I follow the
Silicon Beach group on Twitter.)

And Quora is great for detailed, global answers, but not for quick local
answers. So you probably wouldn't attempt to discuss these issues there.

So, what I'm looking for is a place where Silcon Beach members hang out,
and it's OK to ask anything, even if you end up asking a dozen questions a
day.

I tried the Silicon Beach IRC channel, but it seems to be dormant.
Pollenizer's Yammer group had potential, but it's long gone.

Where (online) do you go for real time chat about every aspect of life on
Silicon Beach?