On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Roger Barnes <ro...@mindsocket.com.au>wrote:

> Ignoring the choice of semantics from the name (what you can hack on is
> pretty clear),

The wording is very tricky.

"Governments collect and publish enormous amounts of data, but have limited
resources to get it into the hands of their citizens in engaging ways."

That statement seems non-factual.

Lot's of Australian Government data has been readily available in
"engaging" ways such as wikileaks from Julian Assange.

It's also available in great quantities and along with good interpretations
in selected beer/wine drinking establishments in Europe and the
Middle-East. What's available there is basically the complete snapshot of
the dataset that we have here.

Can we bring our own copy of the Australian Governments dataset ?

The Governments in this country have no shortage of million dollar
contracts with advertising agencies to pump out whatever interpretations of
the information that they want to do. Usually if the facts show one thing,
the message will be spun to show the opposite.

"Hacking" the truth isn't really hacking.

No matter how "engaging" government type people try to make that be.

What really does the description given really have to do with any practical
form of computer hacking ? I can see nothing that would allow any computer
hacker who does stuff from www.hackaday.com to have any reason to go there.