Is "silicon-beach" more than just a mailing list and the name of a group
getting together at drinks on friday? it's just a collection of people
without any "legal" standing isn't it? If so, does it really need to
change?

if a change is in the winds though, i'm all for not having the word silicon
in it at all - nothing against silicon, but it's used because of it's
association with a particular north american area, and surely we can do
better than have to "imitate" (surely we can "create" :)