Oh the irony.

I'm not sure if any of you noticed but "Silicon Beach" actually
probably got its most wide-spread recognition it has every achieved
since this discussion started.

Google's Nick Leeder used the term in a public pow wow on Firday and
then wrote this opinion piece for the Fin with Silicon Beach in the
headline:
http://afr.com/p/opinion/time_to_innovate_and_build_our_silicon_t1qqTaBMKTddkEgl2FFN0H

And his comments prompted these headlines:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/government/australia-can-be-a-silicon-beach-prime-minister-julia-gillard-told/story-fn4htb9o-1226489359972
http://www.smartcompany.com.au/information-technology/052226-gillard-urged-to-help-create-silicon-beach-for-australian-tech-businesses.html

That's the kind of branding pick-up that can roll into a movement and
it actually should be a pretty proud day for Elias and the Silicon
Beach community.

It's a time to be ramping up the use of the brand, not moving away from it!

Phil Sim

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Vinko Grgic <vinko.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, someone had to open this can of worms hey. Ok, so be it. I have
> personally never liked the idea of Silicon "anything" other than Silicon
> Valley (for being the original). And that's despite all the obvious benefits
> of immediate recognition. That being said, I +1 Elias and +1 Avis. Colony is
> just no good (what would that make me then being a Croat/Kiwi import?).
>
> Instead of offering a nickname, I opt for these wise words I read somewhere
> else (creative license applied):
> "Branding is not what you say about yourself, but what others are saying
> about you."
>
> Let's stop wasting our collective precious time on this discussion, and give
> "them" something to talk about.
> Vinko
> Arribaa.com
>
> On Sunday, 7 October 2012 01:28:20 UTC+10, Michael Giles wrote:
>>
>> +1 Elias
>>
>> To join in on the ridiculousness...
>> Silicon DUNY "we get shit done"

> Forum rules
> 1) No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
> 2) No jobs postings. You can use http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/jobs

Phil Sim
Chief Executive Officer,
MediaConnect Australia Pty Ltd