Ahh Craig, didn't know you're a product dev guy. And with the equity of
60-75% given away, that is more like a co-founder relationship. I've to say
last year I was optimistically looking for a biz dev guy, and even though
I've met a few, there are other complications like equity split, you loving
the idea more than them or vice versa, not knowing the person well enough
to see the cracks in working together. So the Silicon Valley formula of a
techie and biz dev cofounder seem to only work out of necessity whereby the
team that got together within a short period (say at Y-combinator)
eventually came together during the tough times and build something people
want quickly (or they split up when the time/runway is up). So good
partnerships are carved out of hardships or long periods of time (e.g.
childhood friends). It sounds too risky to give away so much because even
in Shark Tank, max of 50% is given away and very rarely. Having said that,
I've seen too many biz devs' idea die out because they're too afraid to
give out generous equity. But that is another topic for another day!

I'm a product dev guy too and I realised that what biz devs believe you
can't do, you can actually learn. Conversely, it is harder for a biz dev
guy to learn product dev which encompasses design, architecting and
engineering. I've just met up a potential strategic business partner for
coffee last Saturday and there was no equity talk. Just friendly chat and
see how we can help each other's business and if we could align together. I
got good after doing it a few times because if you're a product dev guy,
there is a likelihood that you don't come across to salesy and polished.
That actually becomes your strength because of your ability to stay
introverted and connect with people genuinely through casual conversations.
One thing I noticed though in social events, you can't talk to everyone so
you have to focus on the few you connected with and have quality
conversations.