Here's a few extra resources:

*PayPal Here* has had a soft launch in Australia, with a card reader coming
soon. Basically it is an app for accepting credit cards on your smart
device. I've joined this - the PayPal staff are very proactive and keen to
get you up and running.
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/sell-in-person

*USA2Me* - not fancy, but the most affordable way to get a US address and
(optionally) have your mail forwarded. I've used them for a few years.
http://www.usa2me.com/

*eTrade USA*. I forget the complete process, but it's another way of
getting a US bank account. The trick is to get a free brokerage account for
buying shares. It comes with a bank account and a debit card. No fees at
all, even your ATM fees are refunded. But you might have to make some share
trades or deposit some cash.

*OzForex.* If I am receiving payment from overseas and it is more than say
$2000, it is well worth the extra steps to get more $$. You can save 3-6%
or more on fees and exchange rates compared to PayPal or a bank. The two
hassles are "booking" to receive the payment, and that the sender has to
note your account number in the transaction description (I guess some folk
could screw that up). I've used them once, and it worked well. Macquarie
Bank are an investor.
http://www.ozforex.com.au/