Robby,

You're quite right to point out that my last email was out of line and
inappropriate, specifically describing Elly's conduct as "being a dick" -
Elly, I'm sorry for posting that, and to the rest of the SBA community, I'm
also sorry for setting a bad example; there's no excuse for it and I was
very clearly being a dick. Sorry once again.

One thing I do need to challenge in your post was the reference to
Startmate - I didn't mention Startmate at all in any post in this thread,
and while it is something I'm involved with, it isn't an organization that
I represent or speak on behalf of and to infer that (and bring it up) when
you're (quite reasonably) calling me out for being a dick is wrong and
inaccurate.

Geoff

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:28 PM, <robbyba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Geoff McQueen,
>
> Just a friendly word of advice, mate. *You* are your *brand* and a brand
> can be destroyed in moments. You are headed for a very hard fall if you
> keep representing yourself in this way, and promoting your 'mentor'
> position with startmate. Nikki Scevak may take issue with how your are
> attacking Elly in this public forum.
>
> What's the definition of a mentor? Someone who is undermining,
> discouraging and verging on abusive?
>
> Your specialty is one thing. Everyone has a specialty, but not everyone
> has an inflated ego and abusive tone with people who show interest in their
> specialty. What's ironic is that you don't even know what Elly's planning.
>
> I say, go for it, Elly. You'll learn a lot along the journey and no one
> can say you won't make it even the first time around. Go for it!
>
> In any case, this thread certainly makes for some interesting publicity
> down the track.
>
> Robby.
>

> On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 2:06:05 AM UTC+11, Geoff McQueen wrote:
>>
>> I think he bit you're missing in that reply Elly was the thank you for
>> Geoff's time & advice and apology for being a dick. LOL? Yawn.
>>
>> ---
>> Sent from my Android - pls excuse typos
>> On Mar 18, 2015 7:13 PM, "StartUp Mosman" <mosman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You just had to get that last dig in, didn't you Geoff L?! LOL. Okay.

>>>  --
>>> --
>>> more
>>>
>>> Forum rules
>>> 1) No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
>>> 2) No jobs postings. You can use http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/jobs
>>>

>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>> silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
>>> silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia?hl=en?hl=en
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.
>>> an email to silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>>
>>  --
>
> Forum rules
> 1) No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
> 2) No jobs postings. You can use http://siliconbeachaustralia.org/jobs

> ---
> "Silicon Beach Australia" group.
> email to silicon-beach-australia+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.