On Thu June 29 2006 21:47, Ashish Gulhati wrote:
> It's no help to say that "well if those
> bugs in group A
> were fixed then these other ones in group B could be fixed, but as
> those group A
> ones are not fixed, what's the point of trying to debug the program

I get your point but the program analogy falls short when confronted with the
reality of a massive movement of people from rural to urban areas, a massive
increase in the number of vehicles compared to a relatively slow ability to
"privatise" land that is already public, or grab already private land for
other private use.  You are talking about building a robust operating system
from scratch. I am talking about the reality in India - in which DOS 3.1 is
being converted to Windows XP.

I would agree with your paradigm if India could "do a US". I mean they should
mark out areas for new cities and build them up from scratch, outside the
territories of the old ones.