So the silk archive at yahoogroups [1] is acting up. Earlier messages are randomly becoming inaccessible, as of a few days ago. The earliest message that can now be reached is #195, whereas yesterday it was #185, and a couple of days ago it was #75. It is not clear to me what the logic behind this is. It can't possibly be some FIFO limit being reached - silk has a total of some 16k messages so far since December 1997, and many lists I'm aware of on yahoogroups have messages in the multiples of that number.

I think it's time to start off a private archive. There is already an archive on mail-archive [2] but that started off only this year. Shall we start off an alternate one? The conditions are that it needs to be a) complete; and b) searchable.

Any thoughts? Bharath, I know you were playing with putting all silk messages into a database - what is the current status of that?

Udhay