On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 05:12:35PM +0530, Deepak Misra wrote:
> I keep getting such mails. Are these some probes to test spam filters or are
> they to confuse them ??

Bayesian spam filter poison. The payload is in the image.
(Which is one of the reasons I was jumping on people to post
plaintext only, no attachments years ago). The image can't
be OCRd. Save of looking for a coherent narrative in the text
body (AI-complete), giving a high spam score on anything
with an image attachment is a workaround. On the long term,
people will have to drop the rich content part of multipart,
and go plain text only. Then, you can use AI to generate
personalized spam, but this doesn't work all that well.