Narco-Testing is some variation on the Sodium Pentothal or Sodium Amytal ritual.

On brain mapping, I remember reading that it was a combination of a
variety of neuro-anatomical studies and those responses to specific
questions about the crime in question.

Though, I'm pretty sure these are only investigative aids and cannot
be used for as evidence. But if the process of obtaining valid
evidence if flawed, then the evidence ought to be inadmissible as
well. In the US it's called Fruits of a Poisonous Tree (are poisonous
too..)!