Eugen Leitl wrote:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:54:12AM +0400, Ramakrishnan Sundaram wrote:
Bruce Metcalf said the following on 21/02/2007 07:29:

I must have more sensitive radar. Or maybe it's just my wife's monthly
scrutiny of the bill. Or maybe it's the A/C that brings the monthly rate
up over US$200.

In USsia a residential Watt for a year is worth about $1.

Let's see, 1W for 1 year = 8.76kWH. At my current rate of $0.08/kWH, this would cost about $0.70, so you're not too far off.

You seem to burn the equivalent of 2.4 kW, 24/7/365. That's like burning 40 60 W incandescents 24 h per day.

Hello? Florida = air conditioning! Also electric stove, oven, and refrigerator. *Then* you add my half dozen computers.

It's certainly the AC.

A valid point, but still the CF will pay for themselves twice in their expected lifetime. Sounds like a deal to me.

Now if only they would invent an AC with similar efficiency improvements.

Bruce Metcalf
Lake Buena Vista