On 3/9/07, Biju Chacko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
And just to be cynical -- it's amazing how in India a white person's
skills will be more advanced than those of an Indian with exactly the
same skills.

Or at least, that's the impression I get from all the press that
Infosys's foreign intern programme has been getting.

-- b

I think the reason it is newsworthy is because it is different. Nobody wants
to hear about Infosys training Indian people in different skills
(though there have
been a fair number of those). For exactly the same reason, Indra Nooyi's
nomination as the Pepsico CEO was covered with much fanfare. (_Indian_
_Woman_ heading a _US-based_ _MNC_)

It's another story though that Infy gets a lot more press for their mundane
activities. I guess they are pretty good at PR and building a certain image.

-- Vinayak