I think there is also an incestual nature to indian communities (and
by incestual i dont mean it literally...)

I have this friend who is a shopkeeper in a small north western town
in Kenya. His family has lived in Kenya for over a 100 years.  When
the guy got married 15 years back, he married a woman from the same
indian community.  I met him 6 months ago in nairobi, and I asked him
what he was doing here, since it seemed out of his way.

His story was this:

Things were not going well with the wife.  From his point of view, she
was boring and dull, she sat at home and ate jalebi all day.  So the
guy was on the look out for a mistress to add some spice to his life.

This is a small country with a finite number of indians, so clearly
getting a local indian mistress was out of the question (too many
familiar people).  So, instead, the guy imported a mistress all the
way from Jamnagar, and additionaly, the mistress was from his own
community. He put her up in a different corner of the small town, away
from the prying eyes of his wife.

What surprised me was, it never occured to the guy to look for an
African mistress...
when I suggested it to him, he was quite horrified in an unusually
self righteous way, in terms of what other people would think of him
if they knew he had an african mistress. It  did not appear wrong to
him to have a mistress, but it was wrong to have an african mistress !