jet has way better service than most european and american airlines, but
are certainly not a "budget airline" (even though prices for tickets
bought in rupees in india can be considerably less than the US$ prices
for jet tickets bought from abroad). btw you don't need to sign up for
jet's frequent flyer programme to earn miles on their flights, they are
a long-time partner of KLM/Northwest and you can earn/spend flying
blue / worldperks miles with jet. possibly the same for continental
onepass and some other skyteam alliance members.
-rishab