On 5/4/07, Vinit Bhansali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Also, Kavita's usually seen or Orkut sending scraps (they are short
notes/comments on your profile) asking people to check out minglebox.com

That's fine till orkut catches up with her. But spamming always sucks, no
matter how smart you are or what product you are pitching.

- Vinit

True spamming sucks and piggybacking on other networks doesn't help that
much. I had the same experience with yaari.com and techtribe.com. Another thing
which I observed is that often the person spamming is a female
co-founder/employee.

The worst (and most intrusive) form of spamming is that used by hi5 and tagged,
which use social engineering to try to get you to sign up on their
site and then
your address book (without explicitly warning you - warnings if any
are hidden in
EULA which no one reads or in the fine print somewhere).

-- Vinayak