I'll wait for the VC's to respond to some of that ...

However, some more questions ...

> The primary reason is that, ironically enough VC firms are flush with
> funds. Let me explain this with an example: A VC firm raises a fund.
> It tries to raise, say, $100 million, but in today's environment, is
> more likely to end up with more than that. The average VC firm has
> 3-5 people looking at investments. With each person being able to do
> justice to say 5 investments at a time, that already means that the
> average investment is AT LEAST $4 million.
>
> Poof! There goes your early/seed stage deal.

That's the exact same problem VC funds face in Silicon Valley/NYC too.
I'm not asking the VC's to take on the burden of Angel Investing/Seed
investing.
Where are the actual angels who should be doing this?

One thought I had ... A lot of angel investors are just former entrepreneurs
who want to put their experience and wealth to good use, and, in India ...
These potential angel investors are still "growing up" (meaning, they are
still on their 2nd or 3rd or even 1st startup) and will get around to angel
investing once their current companies succeed.

Did I just answer my own initial questions?!!

- Vinit