I've been a seed-level funder for some 8 years now, earlier through
Passionfund and now through (duh) Seedfund.

And there are a few others like me - Pravin Gandhi of Infinity Venture (also
now at Seedfund) is one name that comes to mind - who have concentrated
small bits of money and large chunks of time to make good companies. (My
typical investment in any one firm used to be about $250k, now it's closer
to $600k - and I think that's quite ok for an early stage company in India.)

Pravin helped build Indiagames and Indiabulls. I've got Geodesic, Webdunia,
Pinstorm, Indiaproperties, Cypherix and a couple more in my past I'm not too
ashamed of.

As Seedfund we just invested in a car portal, a bus reservations site and a
chain of web-enabled printshops in the last 6 months and we've got a few
more lined up.

None of these are travel, mobile or 2.0 plays

My $0.02

Mahesh