On 7/18/07, shiv sastry  wrote:
Let me end this post with a barbed semi insult - even if it is flamebait to
jog minds. is it possible at all that my thoughts are more advanced than those
of a lot of people on this issue in that I do not seek to dispute or fight,
but rather seek to resolve by breaking people out of their boxed-in opinions
that I see repeated again and again.
Are people on here (and outside) actually more biased than they should be in
seeking to characterize and classify and fit others' opinions into moulds
that they have in their minds - moulds based on one's individual woldview?

Let me tell you what I think of a certain type of indian that I meet sometimes.
You can add it to this societal encyclopedia of yours :

==They lack critical spirit, they do not recognise the limitations,
accept the imperfections, are not skeptical, doubtful or questioning
with regard to beliefs.
The function of self criticism, analysis or enquiry is absent.

==Criticism is usually felt as a personal attack or insult,  an
attempt to humiliate them. Sometimes criticism is taken to be either
discriminatory or racist.

==They are inclined to pride, everything that what belongs to their
reality is perfect and true. Elements of mythology are mixed with
geography and history to further dress up and build up this imaginary
beulahland.

==Blame and responsibility for any evil is heaped upon others, foreign
domination, agents of other beliefs, elaborate conspiracies etc...

==They are capable of harboring envies, peeves, paranoia and all kinds
of grudges