On Jan 23, 2008 7:14 AM, Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> most of europe is christian, a higher proportion than india is hindu,

Eurobarometer 2005 showed that only 52% of Europeans "believe there is
a god" and 18% say "I don' t believe there is any sort of spirit, God
or life force" while the 2001 Indian census shows over 80% of Indians
are Hindu.

> and has fewer linguistic divisions than india

Europe has 23 official languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch,
English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish,
Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian,
Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish. India has 22: Assamese, Bengali,
Bodo, English, French, Garo, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada , Khasi,
Kokborok, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Meitei, Mizo, Nepali, Oriya,
Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu. I'd call that a tie, really.

Not drawing any conclusions, just trying to inject some facts.

Carry on,
-- Charles