:-) I think the list introduced itself to me as well.

On Feb 7, 2008 12:41 PM, Abhishek Hazra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> this bulleted list, with its conspicuous gaps of information - what is
> the color and texture of the desk surface, for example - is in an a
> way more revealing than a photograph of the desk.

The desk is covered with brown teak veneer. We did it ourselves, and
had good fun doing it. When we moved into this house and decided where
the desk should be, we went looking around for the right kind and
thickness of plywood. (We finally settled on the best 19mm we could
find.) Then hunted for some shop which would do the comparatively
simple job of cutting it to the size we wanted, and polishing
it.(Almost all of them wanted to do something fancy to it.) That's
when we settled for this veneer.

We didn't want legs, which meant we had to mount it on the wall. We
calculated the size of the angle brackets, and found that none of that
size were readily available. Which meant another look around to see
who could weld it for us, with the holes where we wanted them to be.
Three trips to the welder, no less, and we finally had four 4mm iron
brackets.

We wanted to put it up ourselves (it had to be *exactly* level) and it
was tough doing it, though we enjoyed it too- armed with drilling
machine, spirit level, a long ruler and the long bolts we had managed
to get.

And yes, in spite of the disarray it is in currently, good work does
get done at it. :-)
--
- Hassath