On 2/11/08, Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lufthansa / Air France from Madras get you there in 10 hrs to CDG or FRA + a
> 6..7 hour direct flight to SEA, 2 hours or less for transit.  You land in CDG
> / FRA early in the morning, and you have enough time for a shower and some
> coffee + croissants in the lounge before you board your next flight (well, if
> you want to shower etc, then make it a 3..3:30 hour transit, given extra
> heavy security checks for US flights).
>
> Ouch I say ouch.

Oops my intro does not mention I live in Singapore. Singapore to
Seattle via Taipei is 15 and 1/2 hours including transit while the
usual route via Tokyo is 18+ hours. Plus it leaves around afternoon,
so I dont have to wake up before sunrise!

> Like I said, except the blogging. I haven't touched livejournal in several
> months, but am a regular on flyertalk.com (where I think you do need to be if
> you travel as much sa you seem to do)

Yep, I need to get those frequent flyer miles soon!

> ps: Welcome to silklist.
Thank you!

- divya