On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Madhu M. Kurup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Badri Natarajan wrote:
>  >> Ramayana story and set in a post-apocalyptic humans vs. demons world
> > was cool). The Ashok Banker novels retelling the Ramayana (Prince of
>  > Ayodhya, etc) are actually quite readable - better than the comics
>  > (although I've only read the first one).
>  Might do well to stop somewhere there. The series does decline...

What a pity. I bought _The Prince of Ayodhya_ this time I was in
India. I wanted to finish it in the coming months and go through the
entire series. So far, the best depiction of Ramayana and Mahabharat I
have come across was in _Bharat Ek Khoj_ - the TV adaptation of
Nehru's book _Discovery of India_ (directed by Shyam Benegal).

It looks like the series is finally available on (some very expensive)
DVD: http://www.intelindia.com/videostore/bharatekkhoj.htm.

Thaths
--
Bart: We were just planning the father-son river rafting trip.
Homer: Hehe. You don't have a son.