a book that i am waiting to re-read
City of Saints and Madmen
by Jeff VanderMeer

http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/saintsand2.htm

i had not read anything by VanderMeer, found him quite by chance recently
and absolutely enjoyed the book. its a kind of novel with missing parts, a
patchwork of micro-fiction. of course reminiscent of borghes and calvino,
but also a bit of rucker and in parts of Marquez even (perhaps). there is a
play with bibliography and the marginalia of literary production including
typefaces and bookcovers.
thoroughly enjoyable

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Biju Chacko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  haha mea culpa. so let me modify the thread, then: what are the sort of
> >  books you re-read?
>
> At one time I was a one-book-a-day person, but I find that with a
> wife, son, job and a commute competing for my attention I find that
> that I have little time to read, let alone re-read.
>
> In the old days, I would re-read almost anything -- it was only the
> stuff that I really disliked that I wouldn't re-read. Nowadays, a book
> has to be really good keep my attention -- and sometimes not even
> then. :-(
>
> But things I'll happily re-read even now:
>
> - Guns, Germs and Steel -- Jared Diamond (if a certain someone returns it)
> - A short history of nearly Everything -- Bill Bryson
> - Anything by Dick Francis
> - anything by Terry Pratchett
>
> -- b

does the frog know it has a latin name?