On 4/14/08, Udhay Shankar N <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dave Long wrote, [on 4/14/2008 10:56 AM]:
> >
> > I can easily imagine pyramids of 4, 5, 10, and 14 stones but am coming
> > up blank on 7 stones.  Is the opposing team allowed to throw the ball at
> > the partially rebuilt pyramid as well?
>
> It's not a pyramid, in my recollection. It was just a vertical stack of
> stones. The way we played it, the number of stones was not constant, and

7 was both tough 'n easy depending on team size. More than 10 members a team
meant we increase the number of stones. But then these are gully games so
besides the made-up rules its free-for-all i guess.

> the opposing team got a bonus for hitting the stack directly, but it was

IIRC, if they catch the ball bouncing off directly after hitting the stone
pyramid (like cricket) when the bonus points was equivalent to the number of
stones that fell.

> also permissible (besides being more fun) to hit the person actually
> doing the rebuilding of the stack.

*big grin*