>  There's no easy way to deal with this.
>
>  BCB1 explicitly stated "no spectators, only participants", and missed out a
> lot of people with interesting opinions. BCB3 dropped that line and saw a
> flood come in. BCB6 is attempting to calibrate that dial again.

I agree Kiran. It's a tough balance to maintain...and I'm glad I don't
have to do it!

All I am saying is, I have realized that BCB is a very interesting
event as far as I am concerned, even though I am not  a techie; so
even if you put out a sign at IIMB saying "No Deepa Mohans are
allowed", I am going to be there! I think you did say to me at one
Barcamp that if I found it interesting I should come along...it was
only my law-abiding  middle class mentality which prevented me this
time. Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"....

Deepa.