Coming back in June from a trip to China, Sri Lanka, and Thailand, I had a border agent ask for my digital camera, and he proceeded to walk through every photo, about 800 pictures, asking me questions about where I had gone and what I had done.

For what it's worth, this is much more invasive than my experience of Ben Gurion (TLV) -- an airport where one is requested to show up a few hours early for the security interview. I was asked briefly for my itinerary, but only for those days when I wasn't in the company of my Israeli hosts, and because I was traveling with media, a sun box, and foils, they did ask about them, but when I said the information was proprietary and confidential they let the matter drop.

I hope sanity returns to the states in the next few years.

-Dave