Rishab Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 01:43:06PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>> I think the Russians, the Americans, and the other countries who try
>> to play the "Great Game" end up losers. Far better to be happy and
>> ignored.
>
> well, the americans have generated so much money for 'strolling in
> the park' that they can afford to strut around with inflated chests
> at the same time,

And we are ever so much worse off for it. We're burning hundreds of
billions a year to demonstrate how large and full of semen our
presidents testicles are, and even we can't afford it.

Admittedly, bad times in America aren't nearly so bad as they are in
places where people go hungry when the economy collapses, but even so,
we're mortgaging our future so we can feel "Big". Nothing is as stupid
as that.

Everyone around the world I think knows families that go into debt to
pay for elaborate weddings for their children when the same money
could set their children up with a new house and college money for
their grandkids, or the equivalent. The US is doing this now on a
massive scale, only, even less excusably, the money is paying to make
millions of people hate us instead of for orchids and caviar.

My message to the world is, treat us like an object lesson, not as an
example.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                [EMAIL PROTECTED]