On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Krish Ashok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> But the bigger issue is what happens if they do secede and there's a sudden
> de-escalation in military expenditure. Somebody is sure to pull some strings
> to get a few more wars started elsewhere to make up for lost profits.

Your assumption is that you are dealing with logical people who will
stop once they have their wants fulfilled. I would love the said
de-escalation to happen, guns and bombs are a waste of time, money and
lives. Except, it just won't happen. There are large bodies of people
on both sides of the border who are interested in keeping the feud
going, with our without Kashmir. This is an ideological war we find
ourselves in, there is sadly no room for logic. We didn't ask to be in
it, but I don't see a way out. Do you?

Cheeni