On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Perry E. Metzger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rishab Aiyer Ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> english spelling is truly idiotic.

> Rather, though the lack of any central authority makes it impossible
> to reform in practice. (It also is the language's main strength,
> IMHO.)

I agree with you Perry, and I think the "idiocy" will only get worse
as English incorporates "SMS speak" and regionalisms (like Indian
English usages) that spread globally.

Even if "u" and "ur" set my teeth on edge. "Hey you kids! Get off of
my lawn^H^H^H^H language."

(how soon before people don't understand ^H?)

-- Charles