Have to agree with Perry.
Reminds me of an article/essay I actually used at a recitation competition
in school titled "Our crazy language" from the Readers Digest
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~avondale/extra/Humor/SchoolHumor/EnglishLanguage.h
tml

Here are bits of it...

Sometimes I wonder if all English speakers should be committed to an asylum
for the verbally insane. In what other language do people drive on a parkway
and park in a driveway? Recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by
truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?

[...]

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the
creativity of the human race (which, of course, isn't really a race at all).
That is why, when stars are out they are visible, but when the lights are
out they are invisible. Any why, when I wind up my watch I start it, but
when I wind up this essay I end it.

Just cannot wait till English is replaced by Galactic Standard.

- Vinit