. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> You do realize that many, if not most, Americans would say that our
>> education system is utterly bankrupt, fails to educate, consists of
>> years of monotony, valueless lessons, etc.
>
> You will hear them sing paeans, if they ever attend a school+Univ** in India.

If you're ever in New York, I will drive you up to schools where the
windows are covered with steel bars and there are metal detectors at
the front doors, and the majority of the students graduate from high
school nearly unable to read.

Most places aren't that bad, but we have more than our share.

> ** a state-aided public school examination to be precise, where
> marks(grades) will be deducted for writing an extra sentence not found
> in the guide books, or for not having taken private tution from the
> teacher, and expect a cipher if you thought you could do math
> differently. I could go on but well....

I don't doubt it, but don't think things are paradise here,
educationally speaking. We're not a model to emulate.

Perry