On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:14 AM, . <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> OTOH, what if every politicians child had to study in the public
> school (since no private schools would exist with for-profit motives)
> and they also had no 5-star private hospitals to check themselves
> into. Do you think we would not get better public amenities for all?
> or would the status quo prevail?

Airlines plying from India to the developed world would see increased
business. We would become like Pakistan, much of the middle east and
Africa, where most reasonably affluent parents move heaven and earth
to send their sons (usually not daughters) abroad for schooling.

IMO, the current state of affairs is neither American nor German, it
is very Indian.

Cheeni