On Sunday 26 Oct 2008 6:17:05 am Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>  property prices are set to tumble post Diwali.

I may be mistaken and since I am not on the lookout for an apartment I don;t
really follow these things closely, but I have heard a spate of radio ads in
the last few weeks advertising apartments at around 20 lakhs - which has been
unheard of in Bangalore since the beginning of the "IT boom"

Nobody, but nobody would ever ever quote the price of an apartment, and when
the price was eventually quoted I have rarely heard a figure less than 40
lakhs.

The prices may already have started falling - which is a good thing because
many were overvalued anyway - with the average "IT type" moving into
Bangalore being seen as the archetypal "gringo" - the dumb American with a
fat wallet and no sense of how to value anything.

shiv