Well, having 'retired' twice before on achieving this once-desirable state
of having enough money to 'not have to work' I can tell you that it's a
state that is probably over-romanticised.

In a word, two actually, I was soon bored shitless.

And in each case, my retirement lasted about 3 months. It went something
like this:

1. I enjoy a month of reading, watching TV, rooting around in the garden,
hanging out at Borders.

2. Around week 6 the restlessness creeps in - was I really going to spend
the rest of my life doing nothing?

3. Around week 9, the brain kicks in. There must be something interesting I
could do.

4. By week 12, I've started something new.

I am now happily consigned to the state of knowing that I can never really
retire.

And that is a retirement of some sort, actually :-)

Mahesh