--- On Fri, 13/3/09, Suresh Ramasubramanian <sur...@hserus.net> wrote:

> From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <sur...@hserus.net>
> Subject: Re: [silk] Need some help
> To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
> Date: Friday, 13 March, 2009, 1:17 PM
> Did anybody at all ever find ANY iit
> mess food at all that was worth feeding to dogs without
> being accused of animal cruelty?
>
> Not an IIT-ian, but stayed on IIT campuses for a few days,
> a time or two (mood indigo and such)
>
> > Sambar is the easiest thing to make, and the Northies
> find unique and
> > imaginative ways to screw it up. What should be a
> lentil preparation
> > becomes
> > a tepid, watery, tamarind-flavoured concoction with
> all of yesterday's
> > leftover veggies floating about in it. How could
> anyone enjoy a cuisine
> > that
> > was so brutally misrepresented?
> >
> > --
> > Sumant Srivathsan

BTW, I fail to understand why the horrors of IIT hostel life, and for that
matter, their mess life, should have been visited on declared neutrals
(N-E-U-T-R-A-L, for the benefit of would-be wags). This was an opportunity to
make a clean break, to make a fresh start in life. Did they take it? No; and
therefore the fog that hung over the hostels, especially thick in consistency
nearest what the Brits term the facilities.
> > http://sumants.blogspot.com

      Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Go to
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/