> So, Madhu confirms that Saturday *is* a dry day. Let's just meet up at
> Crossword and drift towards Venky's place after that. Venky has kindly
> offered to stash some liquor and comestibles there, and we can all pitch
> in to cover costs for food and drink.

I'm in too...and do let me know if I need to bring anything. There is a
liquor shop right opposite my house and I can usually manage to get stuff on
a dry day albeit with a markup. Let me know early enough and I can avoid the
markup.

The liquor shop opposite my house is a peculiar case of the universe
conspiring. There has been one within a stone's throw of every house I've
lived in since I moved out from my parent's house. This particular one is
even more special as it seems to be the located at the focal point of all
tipplers in my area - they have customers even at 9.00 AM on a working
day!!!

If you want to see a 40+ year old woman down a pint of cheap rum in one swig
before noon, this is THE place.

Kiran