On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Krish Ashok<jalsa.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Despite being "Expert cross-cultural consultants" for Western businesses in
> India, these guys - http://www.amritt.com/IndianEnglish.html seemed to have
> missed out on "function", despite not missing gems like "fitment" and
> "Co-brother". But speaking of functions and procedures, Indian IT is another
> rich source of Indian English neologisms, such as "functionalities", "codes"
> and "softwares" and my favourite "Please revert back with concerns, if any"

I used to seed mail to some of my co-workers with gems like "attached
please find the attached attachment". Whether out of pity or
cluelessness, nobody made any comment on that one.

Divya Sampath (nowadays a lurker on this list) and I once had a
running gag at a former workplace about introducing terms like
"cogno-intellectual" into powerpoint slides and seeing if anyone
caught it.

Udhay