> The Hindu's reputation, in my mind, is sort of a peer-driven meme. At some
> point it became fashionable to say that they're an awesome paper, and it
> became fashionable to say that their cricket writing is good.

I'm talking about way back in the 90s, when I was in school. I had access to
some 3-4 papers in the school library, and the Hindu's match reports were
always the best. These days, I read everything on Cricinfo.

>  Do you guys get HT in Bangalore and Chennai?

No HT, but we do get Mint.  I've read it when I am at Delhi, and I agree,
it;s the best out there.