On Tuesday, June 15, 2010, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
[snip]
> I read it once, a very long time ago, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Then I
> kept hearing people say it was so long and boring that they couldn't get
> through it, and I began to wonder if I had really managed to read all of
> it. So I read it again a few years ago, and enjoyed it again.

I'm guessing that I was one of those people? I didn't find it boring, in
fact I found it riveting even when it exasperated me with its chapter-long
asides or forced me to read up elsewhere on things (Rosicrucians and such)
that I had never heard of before just so I could keep up with the density
of information, but in the end it was a shaggy dog story.

-Taj.