On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Supriya Nair wrote, [on 6/15/2010 3:09 PM]:
>
> > Does Udhay's Harry Potter dismissal equate 'tough' with 'boring'? That
> > will inflate everyone's bounce lists.
>
> Fair question. I guess that "boring" is a subset of "tough to finish",
> the overarching criterion being "I don't care what happens to these
> people anymore".
>
> Udhay

Agree with Venky Hariharan; though I did not abandon reading God of Small
Things; finished it only to feel a depression set in; reading The Kite
Runner was depressing too, but in a different way.

A non-fiction book I took real long time to finish was Ramchandra Guha -
India After Gandhi; the last hundred pages were really slow.

- Anil KUMAR