Read me at:

--- On Thu, 2/9/10, Venkat Mangudi <s...@venkatmangudi.com> wrote:

From: Venkat Mangudi <s...@venkatmangudi.com>
Subject: Re: [silk] Chennai meetup?
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Date: Thursday, 2 September, 2010, 22:27

On Thursday 02 September 2010 03:06 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Ideally, I should be. Azulia again?

Shall we try another place, kind of bored of Azulia?

Once I find out where I will be staying (I hope this is ok, you pedant
:-)   ), I will let you know. On a totally unrelated note, I wonder how
to add a smiley inside parenthesis. I sure hope I did it right.

--Venkat

Easiest way is to eliminate the brackets, using a dash for separation instead,
place the smiley, then place a closure dash.

Thus:
Once I find out where I will be staying - I hope this is ok, you pedant
:-) - I will let you know. On a totally unrelated note, I wonder how
to add a smiley inside parenthesis. I sure hope I did it right.

Ah, said he, gentle brown eyes beaming with kindness behind the thick glasses,
yes, indeed, said he, very satisfactory, just the right touch to make the
sentence look good.