On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Kiran K Karthikeyan <
kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 November 2010 12:47, Sriram Karra <ska...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Are vegetarians just plain dull?!
>>

> No. They're just prejudiced in my opinon.
>
> Huh! I said flowerpot mud and no one reacted. And then you say vegetarians
are dull..dull as the mud?

  "Vegetarian" is  a very widely varying term...in many places, seafood is
considered "fruit of the sea" and therefore vegetarian. I was told, in
Singapore, that fried rice, with prawns and squid in it, was vegetarian.

I know someone who eats octopus with relish, but when he was in Japan, he
was eating a bowl of glass noodles until he noticed some black spots on the
noodles...and realized that the spots were in twos...and were, in fact, eyes
on the tips of the whatever-it-was dried worms that he was eating! End of
meal.....

I know some friends who think snake gourd (podalangai in Tamizh) is a weird
vegetable....when they were given this to eat at Jindal (a body-cleansing
farm in Bangalore), they stopped at KFC on the way to the airport after
their stay there. Since they'd also stopped at McD's on their way to Jindal,
I am still wondering why they went there.