On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM, ss <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would say meat become inedible and disgusting more rapidly than
> vegetarian
> food, particularly in India, It's not for nothing that "culture media" for
> growing bacteria use some form of animal protein. In fact the specific
> bacteria
> that cause "rotting" as well as botulism actully need meat to grow in a
> culture.

Inedible? Disgusting? Going by this thread, the growth of mold is, in
itself,  a whole range of cuisine....cheese and corn smut and et cetera.

 I am reminded of the old one about the bacteria being the rear portion of
the cafeteria....

> Having said that meat eaing has been made dead easy.

I *knew* you'd use an Orrible Pun on this....

Many Indians are "pretend meat eaters" because they

> will eat, but not toletarte the cooking of meat in their kitchens. I am one
> of
> them. Others who do not do this develop an inane sense of superiority
> imagining that cooking or eating meat gives them brownie points. This
> attitude
> is a relic of the "meat eating martial race" logic that was applied to
> differentiate some Indians from others - usually Muslim versus Hindu.

SSS (why do you call yourself SS when you are Shiv Shankar Sastry?)...I have
seen, far more often, the obverse.... surely you are familiar with people
stating proudly, "I am a puuuuuuure vegetarian", the implication being, "I
am far more evolved than the meat-eaters"...and then enjoying their nice
milky coffee!

I usually say that I'm an impure vegetarian....I eat milk products, and
don't mind trying "non-vegetarian" food occasionally. Never liked anything
enough to eat it regularly, though.

An inane sense of superiority, by definition, needs no reason or
rhyme....now how could one develop an ane sense of superiority?