On 13 December 2010 10:48, Chandrachoodan Gopalakrishnan <
chandrachoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <sur...@hserus.net
> > wrote:
>

>> I dont mind Cothas at all - their 85% coffee 15% chicory is not bad, but
>> I'd love it if they had a 100% coffee blend available, can't find that
>> in Madras at all.
>>
>> Well, Coffee Day outlets let you specify what blend of coffee you want and
> how much chicory you want. There was (is?) a place called Senthil Coffee
> Works in KK Nagar that would roast and grind any blend for you on a daily
> basis, much like the Leo Coffee folks. But Senthil occasionally had other
> kinds of coffee beans, not just the standard Peaberry or Plantation A

If any of you ever go down to Singapore, I can give the location where you
can pick/choose the beans, and grind it into one blend.

I used to mix 80% Brazil + 20% Srilankan beans. A 500gm blend used to cost
10SGD, but gave that wake-you-up-from-dead espressos when prepared using
this - http://goo.gl/6Y26C.

~ashwin