On 15 Dec 2010, at 20:19, Mahesh Murthy wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2010, at 11:27 PM, Lahar Appaiah <thew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Some problems with the image. I had to click on "Display Images below".
>>
>> Mahesh- does this exclude business travelers? I've got visas on arrival in a
>> couple of other countries.
>>

> I deliberately excluded business visas because in virtually all cases the
> eligibility to get this visa is more complex and difficult than that for
> tourist travel. But once you DO have a business visa, especially one from UK,
> US or Schengen life becomes much easier. See the columns below for the access
> you enjoy.
>
> As I understand it, you're free to be a tourist on a business visa but not
> vice versa.

A couple of comments on this list:

-I know from checking a few years ago (when planning a South America trip) that
Ecuador most certainly does require visas for Indians - in fact it even
required visas for people *of Sikh origin* with US/EU passports. Has that
changed recently?

-Jersey, Guernsey etc (the Channel Islands in the English channel) do not
require visas for Indians (I was occasionally asked for my UK visa when LEAVING
the UK to travel to Jersey but in over a dozen trips I have never had
immigration documents checked on arrival).

-I did get a visa in advance when going to Madagascar but in theory I think it
is possible on arrival (same as Thailand - it's supposed to slow it down
tremendously if an Indian citizen applies on arrival).

-Guam is a US territory so you actually use your US visa when entering (it is
not a question of US visa holders being given special privileges - it IS part
of the US. When I was there, the slogan of one of the radio stations was "Guam
- Where America Begins" (ditto the UK and Gibraltar).

-I have not been to Mexico, Costa Rica, Taiwan, Turkey or South Korea, but I am
nearly certain from previous research that a US or UK visa does not get you
visa-free access to those places (unless buried really deep in an embassy
website somewhere) - does anyone have personal experience? I am also v.
surprised to hear about visa on arrival in places like Indonesia, Kenya and
Iran..

Badri