On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM, gabin kattukaran <gkattuka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a similar experience. Have been reading on electronic devices for
> several years but don't see it completely replacing the dead tree
> collection. I'm sure I still prefer paper for the books that I want to hold
> on to. I think it's similar to the difference between facebook friends and
> real life friends.

With real estate prices in Mumbai being what they are, I first check to see
if new books are available on the Kindle. If they are, it makes sense to buy
the Kindle version because it is less expensive and saves me some precious
real estate in my home. For example, I recently purchased books like
Comingled Code because there was Kindle version of that book.

Current real estate prices where I live (Vikhroli, inside the Godrej
complex) range from Rs 9000 per square feet onwards, which is the cost of
one Kindle, if purchased in the US. I estimate that my book collection
occupies around 20 square feet or about Rs 180,000 worth of real estate.

Venky

PS: I am now wondering if the purchase cost of my hard copy books would add
up to Rs 180,000 :-)