de-lurking again and +1ing on Deepa’s heartfelt compliment to Udhay. I do enjoy
listening in to the wisdom and gossip among this great group of people and feel
honored to have been invited by you.

I didn’t respond to the meet request in Sao Paulo by Andre in October because I
was away in Europe. Didn’t even know there are other silkers in Sao Paulo. Now
they will be −1 as unfortunately I have to move back to Berlin.

But on my way I’ll be in Kolkata. There is a — closed, AFAIK — workshop on 10
and 11 January on the final report of a 4-year 6-country study on „piracy” by
the Social Science Research Council, including Brazil and India. After which
we’ll be free until 16 January. Are there any silk-listers in Kolkata or any of
you happen to be there during that week? Would love to have a beer-to-beer meet
with you. Can’t suggest a good place yet  since I’ve never been there, but I’m
sure we’ll find something nice.

Warm (29 degrees) regards from Recife,
Volker

----