If you don’t know what Lotus Agenda was/is, here’s a description

A typical Agenda screen is divided into three columns:  one in which you enter
the specific piece of information (”Call Mom,”  “Sell Yahoo stock,” “Memorize
Hamlet,” etc.), one for date, and one for  priority. Those left-side specific
pieces of information can be further  divided into categories (”Calls,”
“Memos,”
“Ideas,” etc.). Without doing  any manipulation of your data structure, then,
Agenda lets you view  your data in four ways: organized by category, specific
piece of  information, date, and priority. Then you can assign your specific
pieces of information to more than one category. And without noticing  it, any
words in a specific piece of information that are also names of  categories
automatically are filed into that category as well as any  others you want to
stick it into. For example, if you have categories  called “Mary,” “Sally,” and
“Sales” and you have a specific piece of  information that reads “Tell Mary
that
Sally needs sales reports today,”  the item will automatically show up into
those three categories–plus,  because you used the word “today,” Agenda will
file the item by date,  too.

________________________________
From: Xxxrum <xxx...@yahoo.com>

What I was talking about was that even if one takes copious notes in a meeting
(and I have 4 notebooks/moleskines which I randomly choose) I find it
impossible
to find the notes again when I have a follow up meeting.
So a tablet on which one can write cursive text(in a small font ) as opposed to
typing it in seems impossible as the tip of the stylus available is the
thickness of an index finger (which is the minimum input it recognizes)which is
super annoying.

I need a tablet screen with a much finer grid to recognize a pen tip input and
don't see it anywhere except in Wacom type input devices which are annoying to
use as you have look up at a screen when you write.

The pen with special paper is also clunky and a pain to lug around.

Finally in my quest for a information manager , I used to have a Sharp device
running Lotus Agenda which was a great piece of software.Does anyone know of
any
replacement for it?

And sorry for top posting(shiver) but bleddy phone doesn't allow email
etiquette!!
And Venkat,what thread drift are yu talking about?

'Naresh' NarasimhanSent from my Phone

On 18-May-2011, at 11:14 PM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

On 18-May-11 6:29 PM, Alaric Snell-Pym wrote:

>There's a technology where you write with real ink on real paper -

except it has a pattern of tiny infra-red dots and the pen has a tiny

camera that watches them moving, and from this can remember where it

moved within the coordinate system of a (uniquely serial numbered) page,

and thereby recreate it on a computer, and do handwriting recognition.

Possibly Anoto [1]?

Udhay

[1] http://www.anoto.com/